Michelle Peters, Ed.D.
Professor of Research and Applied Statistics-Program Coordinator, Educational Foundations/Research,
College of Education
Areas of Expertise
- Mathematics Education
- Classroom Climate
- Program Evaluation
- Quantitative Research Methods
- Peters, M., Sawyer, C., & Willis, J. (2017). Counselor’s crisis self-efficacy scale: A validation study. Retrieved from https://www.counseling.org/docs/default-source/vistas/article_4070ce2bf16116603abcacff0000bee5e7.pdf?sfvrsn=4
- Corrales, A., Schumacher, G., & Peters, M. (2017). Does money really matter? Investing in the future of Hispanic students. AASA Journal of Scholarship & Practice, 13(4), 9-19.
- Guervin, M., Schumacher, G., & Peters, M. (2016). Academic optimism, organizational citizenship behaviors, and student achievement at charter schools. Retrieved from https://www.cmich.edu/colleges/ehs/unit/csrj/Documents/Spring%202016%20TCSRJ.pdf
- Unruh, T., Peters, M., & Willis, J. (2016). Flip this classroom: A comparative study. Computers in the Schools, 33(1), 38-58.
- Gonzalez, A., Peters, M., Orange, A., & Grigsby, B. (2016). The influence of high-stakes testing on teacher self-efficacy and job-related stress. Cambridge Journal of Education. doi: 10.1080/0305764X.2016.1214237
- Kimbark, K., Peters, M., & Richardson, T. (2016). Effectiveness of the student success course on persistence, retention, academic achievement, and student engagement. Community College Journal of Research and Practice, 41(2), 124-138. doi: 10.1080/10668926.2016.1166352
- Allen, N., Grigsby, B., & Peters, M. (2015). Does leadership matter? Examining the relationship among transformational leadership, school climate, and student achievement. International Journal of Educational Leadership Preparation, 10(2), 1-22.
- McMahon, M., Peters, M., & Schumacher, G. (2014). The principal evaluation process and its relationship to student achievement. AASA Journal of Scholarship & Practice,11(3), 34-48.
- McCarley, T., Peters, M., & Decman, J. (2014). Transformational leadership related to school climate: A multi-level analysis. Educational Management Administration & Leadership. doi: 10.1177/1741143214549966
- Peters, M., Sawyer, C., & Guzman, M. (2014). Supporting the development of Latino bilingual mental health professionals. Journal ofHispanic Higher Education, 13(1), 15-31. doi:10.1177/1538192713514611
- Sawyer, C., Peters, M., & Willis, J. (2013). Self-efficacy of beginning counselors to counsel clients in crisis. Journal of Counselor Preparation and Supervision, 5(2), 30-43.
- Huss-Keeler, R., Peters, M., & Bechtold, J. (2013). Motivation for attending higher education from the perspective of early care and educational professionals. Journal of Early Childhood Teacher Education, 34(2), 1-19.
- Kearney, W. S., Goldhorn, J., Webb, M., & Peters, M. (2013). Examining the impact of critical feedback on student engagement in secondary mathematics classrooms: A multi-level analysis. AASA Journal of Scholarship & Practice, 10(1), 23-38.
- Fox, A., & Peters, M. (2013). First year teachers: Certification program and assigned subject on their self-efficacy. Current Issues in Education, 16(1), 1-15.
- Peters, M. (2012). Examining the relationships among classroom climate, self-efficacy, and achievement in undergraduate mathematics: A multi-level analysis. International Journal of Science and Mathematics Education, 11(2), 459-480. doi: 10.1007/s10763-012-9347-y
- Choi, J., Peters, M., & Mueller, R. (2010). Correlational analysis of ordinal data: From Pearson's r to Bayesian Polychoric Correlation. Asia Pacific Education Review, 11(4), 459-466.
- Peters, M., & Kortecamp, K. (2010). Rethinking undergraduate mathematics education: The importance of classroom climate and self-efficacy on mathematics achievement. Current Issues in Education, 14(3), 1-35.
- Milman, N., Kortecamp, K., & Peters, M. (2007). Assessing teacher candidates’ perceptions and attributions of their technology competencies. International Journal of Technology in Teaching & Learning, 3(3), 17-28.
Courses (Current Academic Year)
- COUN 6032 Statistics and Measurement for Counselors
- COUN 6033 Research Design and Analysis for Counselors
- EDCI 7031 Quantitative Research I
- EDCI 7032 Quantitative Research II
- EDLS 7031 Quantitative Research I
- EDLS 7032 Quantitative Research II
- EDLS 7130 Program Evaluation
- EDLS 7330 Advanced Statistical Analysis
- EDLS 7332 Current Issues in Educational Measurement
- EDLS 8530 Research Seminar (Proposal Writing)
- EDUC 6032 Applied Statistics
- EDUC 6033 Research Design and Analysis
- Longitudinal Impact of Summer Science Camps
- Factors Influencing Mathematics Classroom Climate
- Impact of Classroom Climate and Mathematics Self-efficacy on Achievement
Awards and Accomplishments
- Doctoral Fellowship, The George Washington University
- DOE Fellow, Missouri University of Science and Technology
- Student Award of the Health Physics Society