Amy Orange, Ph.D.
Program Coordinator of Educational Foundations/Research, Associate Professor of Qualitative
College of Education
Areas of Expertise
- LaRoe, H., Corrales, A., Peters, M., & Orange, A. (2020). Do start times at high schools really matter? Studying the impact of high school start times on achievement, attendance, and graduation rates of high school students. AASA Journal of Scholarship & Practice, 17(2), 6-23.
- Moreno-Recio, P., Corrales, A., Orange, A., & Lastrapes, R. (2018). Do years of experience and hours of training really matter? Investing in school leader efficacies and English Learners’ language development. AASA Journal of Scholarship & Practice, 15(3), 32-52.
- Orange, A. (2018). Workplace bullying in schools: Teachers’ perceptions of why they were mistreated. The Educational Forum, 82(4), 390-405.
- Orange, A. & Corrales, A. (2018). A case study of bullying in an urban charter school. The Charter Schools Resource Journal, 12(2), 56-81.
- Peña, C., Jones, L., Orange, A., Simieou, F., & Marquez, J. (2018). Unaccompanied immigrant children’s resiliency factors related to academic success. American Journal of Qualitative Research, 2(1), 162-181.
- Beavers, E., Orange, A., & Kirkwood, D. (2017). Fostering critical reflection in an authentic learning environment. Journal of Early Childhood Teacher Education, 38(1), 3-18.
- Gonzalez, A., Peters, M., Orange, A., & Grigsby, B. (2016). The influence of high-stakes testing on teacher self-efficacy and job-related stress. Cambridge Journal of Education. 1-19.
- Orange, A. (2016). Encouraging reflective practices in doctoral students through research journals. The Qualitative Report, 21(12), 2176-2190.
- Orange, A. (2016). Teachers’ recommendations for dealing with workplace bullying in schools. The Texas Forum of Teacher Education, 6, 80-92.
- Loytonen, T., Koro-Ljungberg, M., Carlson, D.L., Orange, A. & Cruz, J. (2015). A pink writing experiment. Reconceptualizing Educational Research Methodology, 6(1), 23-42.
- Orange, A. (2014). What they left behind: A case study of teachers' experiences with school improvement at Evergreen Elementary School. The Qualitative Report, 19(37), 1-16.
- Orange, A., Heinecke, W., Berger, E., Krousgrill, C., Mikic, B., Quinn, D. (2012). An evaluation of Higher Ed 2.0 technologies in undergraduate mechanical engineering courses. Advances in Engineering Education, 3(1), 1-29.
Courses (Current Academic Year)
COUN 6033 Research Design and Analysis for Counselors
EDUC 6033 Research Design and Analysis
EDCI 7033 Qualitative Research
EDLS 7033 Qualitative Research
EDCI 7331 Advanced Qualitative Research
EDLS 7331 Advanced Qualitative Research
EDLS 8530 Research Seminar
SILC 5931 Action Research
- Teacher experiences with mistreatment by their administrators
- Impacts of policy on classroom practices