Rebecca Huss-Keeler, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Early Childhood Education,
College of Education
Areas of Expertise
- Early Childhood Teacher Education
- Early Literacy
- Early Assessment
- Second Language Issues with Young Children
- Huss-Keeler, R. (2019). The open door: Factors influencing the success of first generation, non-traditional age, Hispanic early childhood educators as university students. Journal of Latinos and Education. https://doi.org/10.1080/15348431.2019.1670663
- Huss-Keeler, R. (2019). Going back to school: The perceived value of the bachelor’s degree for early childhood practitioners. Journal of Early Childhood Teacher Education. https://doi.org/10.1080/10901027.2019.1704949
- June 2019- Samuels Family Foundation Early Childhood Leadership Scholarship Fund Grant. Brown, A. L., Chvala, T., Graves, S., Huss-Keeler, R., Jain, P. (equally credited authors).
Recent National Presentations
- Huss-Keeler, R. (June, 2018). Bachelor's degrees make a difference: Early childhood practitioners reflect on their practice. National Association for the Education of Young Children Professional Learning Institute, Austin, Texas.
- Huss-Keeler, R. (April 2018). Going back to school: The perceived value of the bachelor's degree for early childhood practitioners. American Educational Research Associate Conference, New York, NY.
- Huss-Keeler, R (November, 2017). The open door: Non-traditional age first generation Hispanic early childhood educators returning to school to complete their bachelor’s degree. National Association of Early Childhood Teacher Educator’s Conference, Atlanta, GA.
Recent State Publications
- Huss-Keeler, R., Burke, M., Villareal E. (October, 2019). Voices from the field: The impact of professional development. Texas Association for the Education of Young Children conference. Frisco, TX.
- Huss-Keeler, R. Wood, A., Coreas, C. & Henderson, D. (October, 2017). The joy of learning: Spreading our wings as early care and education professionals. Texas Association for the Education of Young Children conference. San Antonio, TX.
- Influence of Leadership Styles on Directors of Early Care and Education Programs
Awards and Accomplishments
Appointed to the Texas Early Learning Council (2019) by Governor Greg Abbott