What is Pathway to Teaching?
Pathway to Teaching a collaboration of Austin High School, Houston Community College - Southeast, and the University of Houston-Clear Lake. Pathway students take course work at Houston Community College Southeast and transfer to UHCL to take junior and senior level courses. While students attend college at both campuses, Houston I.S.D. will provide Pathway students with opportunities for employment and experiential learning. Internships and field experiences will be available in the Houston area for students. Houston I.S.D. is always looking for qualified, dedicated teachers, and your involvement in this program can be the first step in becoming a teacher in the Houston I.S.D. area.
What else does Pathway to Teaching offer?
- Scholarship opportunities and financial support
- Personalized academic advising
- Core and education courses that transfer seamlessly
- Academic success development, tutoring, and mentoring
- Enriching experiences such as job shadowing, field trips, and seminars
- Training for job fairs and interviews
- Increased likelihood of employment in home district
As new programs are developed, services for Pathway students continue to grow. Houston .I.S.D., Houston Community College Southeast and the University of Houston-Clear Lake are committed to providing southeast Houston area students with every opportunity to make the dream of becoming a teacher a reality.
For Additional Information, contact one of the following:
HISD Austin High School
Magnet Coordinator: 713-924-1600
Houston Community College-Southeast Eastside Campus
University of Houston-Clear Lake
College of Education: 281-283-3600
E-mail address: email@example.com