What is GATER2?
Galveston Area Teacher Education Recruitment and Retention program (GATER2) is a collaboration of Galveston I.S.D., Galveston College and University of Houston-Clear Lake. GATER2 students take course work at Galveston College and transfer to UHCL to take junior and senior level courses. Internships and field experiences will be available in the Galveston area for students. Galveston I.S.D. is always looking for qualified, dedicated teachers, and your involvement in this program can be the first step in becoming a teacher in the Galveston area.
What else does GATER2 offer?
- Scholarship opportunities and financial support
- Personalized academic advising
- Core and education courses that transfer seamlessly
- Academic success development, tutoring, and mentoring
- Enriching experiences such as job shadowing, field trips, and seminars
- Training for job fairs and interviews
- Increased likelihood of employment in home district
As new programs are developed, services for GATER2 students continue to grow. Galveston I.S.D., Galveston College, and University of Houston-Clear Lake are committed to providing Galveston area students with every opportunity to make the dream of becoming a teacher a reality.
For information, contact one of the following:
Personnel Office: 409-766-5155
Career and Counseling Center:
University of Houston-Clear Lake
College of Education: 281-283-3600
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org