The Center for Educational Programs offers one-to-one tutoring for reading, writing, spelling and study skills improvement for students in grades one through 12. Tutors are upper division School of Education students supervised by highly qualified university faculty. The center administers diagnostics tests, as necessary, to each student accepted for tutoring to determine specific strengths and needs. Parents are kept apprised of progress through meetings.
What We Offer
- Tutoring for students who are at least one, but no more than three grade levels below their actual grade level
- Tutoring for students who are reading and writing above grade level and wish to enhance their skills
- Individualized diagnostic assessments to determine strengths and needs
- A plan of action to increase each student's skills
- A final conference including a summary progress report
- Tutoring administered by trained upper division College of Education teacher candidates
- Tutors supervised by College of Education university faculty members
Fall 2019 Session
Monday: September 23, 30; October 7, 14, 21, 28; November 4, 11. Make-up session: Novemver 18th.
Tuesday: September 24; October 1, 8, 15, 22, 29; November 5, 12. Make-up session: November 19th.
Time: 4:30 - 6 p.m.
Where: UHCL/Arbor Building Suite 1300.01
Price: $300 per child
To complete the registration process, there are forms that need to be completed and mailed or emailed to our office as soon as possible. The required forms can be downloaded below.
Mail the registration forms to:
UHCL/Center for Educational Programs
2700 Bay Area Blvd.
MC 270 Houston, TX 77058