Opportunity. Achievement. Leadership.
Addressing the growing need for more qualified healthcare administrators nationwide, the Department of Healthcare Administration in University of Houston-Clear Lake's College of Business prepares students for long-term career success. We will ensure that you are ready for a management role in a hospital, insurance provider, pharmaceutical company, physician practice or public health advocacy group. Our prime location in the greater Houston area gives you access to one of the leading healthcare centers in the world and the leaders who helped create it.
Students in the Healthcare Administration Program have been awarded several noteworthy honors, including receiving:
- A prestigious administrative fellowship for 2021.
- First place at the annual National Association of Health Services Executives Student Case Competition in fall 2020.
- First place at the UT School of Public Health Fleming Center Case Competition in spring 2020.
- Second place in the Medical Group Management Association (MGMA) Case Competition in fall 2019 (2020 competition planned for November).
- Three of five scholarships by the American College of Healthcare Executives South East Texas Chapter in fall 2020.
- Three of 11 national MGMA scholarships in fall 2020.
Your Future in Healthcare Administration
Our undergraduate and graduate programs are offered at the Texas Medical Center – located in downtown Houston, TX, it is the largest center of healthcare delivery and research in the world. As a student in one of UHCL’s Healthcare Administration programs, your studies will be among the best in the Texas Medical Center, which employs more than 93,000 people and annual patient visits exceed six million. Its 49-member institutions include 25 government agencies, 24 private, non-profit health institutions, 21 academic institutions, 14 hospitals, three medical schools, and six nursing schools. Numerous UHCL Healthcare Administration alumni have gone on to serve in many of the hospitals that comprise the Texas Medical Center such as Memorial-Hermann Healthcare System, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, St. Luke’s Episcopal Hospital of Houston, Texas Children’s Hospital in addition to other leading medical facilities throughout the country.
Programs and Degrees
Healthcare Administration Program