Thursday, June 20, 2019
Whether you're ready to apply to UHCL for the upcoming semester or you're just seeking general information, Open House is the perfect opportunity for you to:
- Meet with knowledgeable faculty and staff.
- Get a tour of UHCL's campus and discover a dynamic learning environment that combines the quiet beauty of the upper Texas Gulf Coast with the high energy of a metropolitan city.
- Enjoy fun activities like face painting, wax hands, a live DJ and more.
- Win prizes by using #UHCLBOUND.
Discover more about the value of a UHCL MBA degree by meeting with faculty, students and alumni.
Be one of the first to apply to UHCL. When you apply during either Open House, your $45 application fee will be waived! International students will have $45 deducted from their application fee. Some restrictions apply. Previously paid application fees will not be refunded.
All students wishing to participate in On-The-Spot Admissions must bring official transcripts (sealed and printed within the last 60 days) from all previous colleges/universities and required test scores with them to the event. These documents will not be returned. Documents submitted to UHCL prior to the event cannot be accessed for On-The-Spot Admissions.
Freshman, international and doctoral students are not eligible for On-the-Spot Admissions. In addition, students interested in the following programs are not eligible: MS Finance, MHA, MHA/MBA, Nursing, Behavioral Analysis and Behavioral Analysis Certification, Counseling, Professional, School and I/O Psychology, Family Therapy, Digital Media, Literature, College of Education graduate programs, and College of Science and Engineering graduate programs. Students applying for the MBA and MS Accounting who are not eligible for a test score exemption are also not eligible. Although an On-the-Spot Admissions decision is not available during the event, this event is a wonderful opportunity to get more information about our programs and submit documents to complete your application file.
Financial challenges should not stop you from completing your education, so we offer services and opportunities for students seeking financial aid. Visit our Financial Aid Headquarters during Open House to learn about scholarships and financial assistance. We also can help you complete your FAFSA application. For assistance, please bring the following:
- Your most recent income tax return (or your parents’ return if you are a dependent).
- Your current bank statements.
- Your current investment records (if any).
- Records of any untaxed income you may have received.
- Your driver’s license or other government-issues photo ID.
- Your social security number (and your parents’, if you are a dependent).
- Your alien registration or permanent resident card if you are not a U.S. citizen.
With students from over 49 different countries, we welcome guests traveling from out of town to attend our events and stay nearby. Below, we have provided a list of hotel options. We also gladly welcome guests with disabilities and are equipped to provide special accommodations to make their visit as comfortable as possible.
The hotels listed below are the closest accommodations in proximity to University of Houston-Clear Lake.
- *Candlewood Suites: 2737 Bay Area Blvd., Houston, TX | 281-461-3060
- Comfort Suites: 16931 N. Texas Ave., Webster, TX | 281-554-5400
- Hampton Inn & Suites: 506 W. Bay Area Blvd., Webster, TX | 281-332-7952
- Holiday Inn: 302 W Bay Area Blvd., Houston, TX | 281-335-6272
- Homewood Suites (Hilton): 401 Bay Area Blvd., Houston, TX |
- La Quinta Inn & Suites: 520 Bay Area Blvd., Houston, TX | 281-554-5290
- Residence Inn (Marriott): 525 Bay Area Blvd., Houston, TX | 281-486-7677
- Townplace Suites (Marriott): 1050 Bay Area Blvd., Houston, TX 77058 | 281-286-2132
*Closest hotel to UHCL at 1.1. miles away
Directions to UHCL