Important COVID-19 Update
Test-Optional Policy - UHCL has approved a temporary test-optional policy to waive the ACT/SAT requirements for fall 2020, spring 2021, summer 2021 and fall 2021 terms. This means freshmen are not required to submit an ACT/SAT score to receive an admission decision, but are encouraged to submit scores if they have them. Applicants will not be penalized for not submitting ACT/SAT scores.
For applicants currently dealing with difficulties presented by COVID-19 (including school closures, cancelled tests, distance learning, lack of access to school documents or personnel, delayed results on AP/IB/national exams, or other circumstances), we encourage you to contact the Office of Admissions. For one-on-one assistance, schedule a virtual appointment.
For university and health alert updates related to Coronavirus (COVID-19), please visit the UHCL Health Alert webpage.
Congratulations! We are excited to welcome you to the Hawk family! Listed below are various services and resources that will help you prepare for your transition to University of Houston-Clear Lake.
- Academic Transfer Advising—Visit the Academic Transfer Advising office on campus or the Off-Campus Advisers for Pearland, Texas Medical Center, or UHCL Online, if you have 54 hours or more.
- Academic Advising—Academic advisers value the holistic needs of each student, partner with them to navigate university processes, and connect them to the appropriate campus resources to support their goals and success.
- New Student Orientation—The Office of Orientation and New Student Programs (ONSP) serves as a bridge to university life for new students and their parents by providing comprehensive resources and support necessary to make a successful transition into the UHCL community.
- Financial Aid—Students who are officially accepted into a degree-seeking program at UHCL can be awarded financial aid. For financial aid details, view the Financial Aid Checklist for New Students
- Registration—The Office of the Registrar is your resource for matters pertaining to the university catalog, course registration deadlines, as well as searching and scheduling classes. The official Academic Calendar can also be accessed through Academic Records.
- Campus Store—The UHCL Campus Store is your source for textbooks, UHCL apparel, supplies and electronics.
- Submit Documents—Upload or drop off documents such as Residency documentation, your final transcript, or records of proof of immunization.