Be a Healthcare Manager with an MHA
An MHA from University of Houston-Clear Lake combines skills in management with emphasis
on leading a healthcare organization. From financial planning to public health issues,
your courses give you a solid background to become a leader in healthcare. You will
learn from the best in courses taught at the Texas Medical Center and make valuable
connections for internships, training and your future career. Our hybrid format gives
you the option to take some courses online and face-to-face.
Students in the Healthcare Administration Program have been awarded several noteworthy honors, including receiving:
- First place at the annual National Association of Health Services Executives Student Case Competition in fall 2020.
- First place at the UT School of Public Health Fleming Center Case Competition in spring 2020.
- Second place in the Medical Group Management Association (MGMA) Case Competition in fall 2019 (2020 competition planned for November).
- Three of five scholarships by the American College of Healthcare Executives South East Texas Chapter in fall 2020.
- Three of 11 national MGMA scholarships in fall 2020.
A Degree That Fits Your Schedule
Earn your degree at your pace. Each course is 8 weeks long*, so you can plan courses around your schedule.
- Full-time, 14 months: two courses per eight-week term across the fall, spring and summer semesters
- Part-time, 28 months: one course per eight-week term across the fall, spring and summer semesters
*One pre-requisite foundation course may be required.
$72,905: average salary for UHCL MHA graduates
UHCL MHA students gain experience in internships at:
- Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center
- Houston Methodist
- Texas Children's Hospital
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Texas Eye Institute
Request InformationHow to ApplyVisit
We're excited that you want to enroll in University of Houston-Clear Lake as a student in our College of Business. Examine the important steps in the admissions process today.
Admission DeadlineStandard Graduate Admission Deadline
ApplicationA standard university application is required.
Criteria that require submission of a standardized test score:
Less than 3.000 cumulative GPA on the last 60 hours of coursework and submission of GMAT score (GRE acceptable for MHA).
Criteria that waive a standardized test requirement:
- 3.000 cumulative GPA on the last 60 hours of coursework; and Earned a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a country where English is the native language or from an accredited college or university in a country on the SBEC-approved list of countries; or
- Earned a graduate or professional degree from a country where English is the native language or on the SBEC-approved list of countries; or
- Earned a Ph.D., M.D., Ed.D., D.D.S. or J.D. from accredited U.S. institution (or U.S. licensure).
Applications for the MHA must also submit:
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Current resume
- Personal statement of career goals
Understanding the classes you need to take for your degree in the College of Business
is crucial to planning out your education. Learn how you can pursue success at University
of Houston-Clear Lake.
Start your college budget today with a look at possible costs for your degree from the UHCL College of Business.Tuition and FeesNet Price CalculatorFee Schedule Calculator
Deadlines for Applying
- Graduate Deadlines
FallNew Degree-Seeking Students - August 1
Former UHCL Students - August 15
SpringNew Degree-Seeking Students - January 5
Former UHCL Students - January 15
SummerNew Degree-Seeking Students - May 1
Former UHCL Students - May 25
Please note, some graduate programs have special deadlines and requirements. For more information go to How to Apply. Check the status of your application online through E-Services using your UHCL student ID.
The UHCL applications is available online through www.applytexas.org. The online application is scheduled to close for Graduate students after the Formal UHCL Student deadline of each semester.
Applying After the Priority Deadline
New, non-degree seeking, and former UHCL students applying after the deadlines above may be considered for admission on a case-by-case basis. Please contact the appropriate graduate enrollment counselor for more information. A $50.00 Late Registration Fee or $50.00 Late Payment may apply.
Review the UHCL Academic Calendar for registration and payment dates and deadlines.
- International Deadlines
Priority – March 1
Final – June 1
Priority – August 1
Final – November 1
Priority – February 1
Final – April 20
Students interested in qualifying for scholarships &/or applying for visas outside the U.S. should apply and submit the application documents/test scores by the priority deadline
*International freshmen applicants will not be accepted for Summer semester.
UH-Clear Lake Texas Medical Center
2151 West Holcombe
Houston, TX 77030
One of the leading centers of healthcare research and delivery around the globe, the Texas Medical Center gives UHCL the opportunity to offer four different healthcare-related degrees to working professionals.
Hybrid programs combine the flexibility and convenience of online learning with the benefits of in-person instruction.